On Dec 12, 2009, at 10:10 AM, Cliff Rediger wrote:

> MiniG4
> Tiger 10.4.11
> Epson Artisan50
> Adobe InDesign CS2
>
> I recently purchased an Artisan50 Epson color printer,
> Designed some holiday cards in InDesign
> printed and the photos have vertical lines.
> The Epson tech supporter offered patient guidance
> leading me through some checks and finally to print from Preview
> no lines there, which points to a glitch in the Adobe software.
>
> While I can work-around,
> I'm wondering if others have had such problems?
> If experience of others confirms that updated Adobe products are more
> widely compatible?
> If others might recommend an equivalent alternative ti InDesign?

I have Adobe CS2 Premium, upgraded to 2.3, which includes InDesign,
and have had no problems with a variety of printers.  Have you
downloaded and installed the last available update, 4.0.5, that
addressed numerous problems?
<http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3598>

You may wish to check out its lengthy ReadMe file:
<http://www.adobe.com/special/indesign/id405update/Adobe_InDesign_CS2_4.0.5_ReadMe.pdf

Fabian