On Dec 15, 2009, at 11:58 AM, Brother Eye wrote:

> Specs below as requested, I will also try the cmd+v and see if that
> gives me anything generally all it does is make the computer
> unbootable unless I do a fresh install of 10.3:

Check your memory. 10.4 is pickier than 10.3. Download and install
Applejack with memtest, and let it go. replace any questionable dimms.

Have you tried a different Tiger installer disk or a different drive?

I just remembered once having a similar problem updating a similar
system to 10.4; it turned out to be the flaky external dvd drive I was
using to install it.

On mine it would go through the install just fine, but then it would
barf on the reboot. Since 10.3 is on CD's you might have a drive with
the dvd part that is failing, or the tiger DVD itself is bad.

--
Bruce Johnson

"Wherever you go, there you are" B. Banzai,  PhD