On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 1:29 PM, Kyle Hansen <pi...@speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a large format LASERJET printer?  I have a friend who
> wants to replace her Epson 2000 with a Laserjet equivalent and I have never
> heard of such a beast.  Any help would be appreciated.  She's wealthy so
> cost probably doesn't matter.

I looked up the specs on the epson and I don't think there is a
Laserjet equivalent? It really depends on what she is wanting to
print.

The Epson prints 13 inches by 44 inches and I don't know a laser that
does that (in color).

Also the Epson uses pigmented inks which are much more finely milled
than laser toner. So for quality photos that last a long time the
Epsons are better.  I suspect, for archival colors, that the Xerox
thermal wax printers might come close. However I don't think any of
those come in 13 inch wide.

Most people who use the Epsons are printing photos and using the 13
inch wide feature of the printers.

There are good laser printers that do a good job on photos but I don't
know of any larger than 11X17. What is she trying to print?

Pax

--
Paxton Hoag
Astoria, OR