On Dec 23, 2009, at 7:20 PM, tonycd wrote:

> Can I run the Radeon 9000 in the AGP slot and my 7000 in a PCI slot at
> the same time?

Yes. You can use them both together.

There's a chance that the 7000 PCI will kill the Quartz Extreme
acceleration of the 9000 also. You can check if QE is working by using
Quartz Extreme Check 1.2:
<http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8969/quartz-extreme-check>

You can enable QE on the PCI 7000 card (and this will should re-enable
the 9000 if it stopped) using PCI Extreme 3.1 available at
MacUpdate.com:
<http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8979/pci-extreme%21>

One last thought, firmware. People seem to never remember to keep
their firmware current on their Radeon cards. You can check the
firmware revision in System Profiler. The 7000 should be v.226 and the
9000 should be v.135 or v.136 depending upon the VRAM size. The August
2005 ATI ROM firmware Update is here:
<http://applemacanix.com/drivers.htm>