On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Bruce Johnson
<john...@pharmacy.arizona.edu> wrote:
> Be aware, these do come in two flavors: one with SATA support and one
> without. If you need to support both types, make sure you get the
> right one.

Perhaps I misunderstood, but all the versions of these adapters I've
seen recently support everything I know of in IDE-land. That is, both
2.5" & 3.5" PATA and both 2.5" & 3.5" SATA (no real difference in the
connector for the two sizes of SATA drives of course). FWIW, they also
claim to support ATAPI for CD/DVD drives.

If there are versions of this device out there which do NOT support
both PATA and SATA drives then ignore them since the adapters which
support both PATA and SATA are readily available and give you more
options. Always good to have more options.

I suppose there may also be capacity limits. If there are, I never see
them documented in the product descriptions which is both irritating
and frustrating. But I also don't know what to do about that. :-(

-irrational john