That is fantastic! I wonder if there are certain hardware minimums to
ensure a smooth playback when using G4 Macs.

I did find this article, for those interested in doing this:

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/3707/mac-os-x-install-silverlight-2-on-non-intel-systems-ie-powerpc-or-osx86-installs/

At this time, though, I use Windows-based computers (two Dells, and an
XBOX 360) to stream Netflix to my HDTV, so I won't really have any use
for this trick, at least for now. Nice find regardless!