On Jan 7, 2010, at 12:03 AM, Tim Renner wrote:

> Hi all, it's my first post. Hope you can help.
>
> I love enabling my mom to use her G4 with OS 9.2.2 and nineties era Microsoft
> Word, but her old printer died and we scored an All-in-One printer very
> cheap. When we got it home I realized, duh, there's no way in *heck* that the
> new Lexmark 9575 is going to have a driver for OS9. Works great with her
> windows machine though. I briefly flirted with using "Print Driver Utility"
> or some such beast to generate a Chooser device to direct LPT protocol print
> jobs toward a fixed IP address, but wasn't able to get it to work. Is this a
> viable tactic? Is there another solution?
>
> Thanks for your brilliant and knowledgeable responses!
> Tim
>
> P.S. Upgrading to OSX is one possibility, but way outside the comfort zone of
> her writing workflow. It would probably be a Panther system, according to my
> research about how far to go with the hardware: G4 Sawtooth, 350MHz CPU / AGP
> / 320 MB RAM.

Hi Tim
great topic

I have a Lexmark 120n that I use on Tiger  running Classic it works very well
on most applications ,The only one that I have a problem with is Page Maker and
an up grade of that I think would fix it.. The web site has some OS9 drivers.

As for Panther it's good but Tiger is better just make sure to check for
firmware updates before installation. Also max out the ram.

John Carmonne   wttm
Yorba Linda USA

25 kids all named Mac