You can do 2 things: 1) Go buy some electrics cleaner (about $7 for a large can at Home Depot) and soak it down and then blow it off... 2) Buy a new keyboard... They are not too hard to replace!!! A friend of mine did this with her Dell Insperion 1525 and her computer barely worked at all (it got into the HD too) so I got the manuals online (down loaded PDF file) to take it apart, I cleaned everything with electronics cleaner (or fine tuner cleaner), put it all back together and the only thing I couldn't get working was the keyboard... So for $1 (brand new) on ebay we found one and plugged it in and it's been working ever since!!! All total with the PDF file manual and the keyboard came to about $17, Dell wanted $238 to fix it... I get Apple repair manuals for free, you just have to search all the websites that come up!!! I had to pay for the Dell ones...

-----Original Message-----
From: Evan Thomas
Sent: Jan 13, 2010 5:04 AM
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Subject: Keyboard + Spillage = Fatal?

My wife spilt a drink over my Apple Pro keyboard. Now I can't type anything although certain keys activate desktop shortcuts - P for Print (i think) V or F for find etc, etc. When I click an application in the dock it opens an applications window with all apps in a list rather than run the application for me. Have I flicked into some kind of 'mode' whilst mopping up my keyboard? Are these things usually fatal?

Cheers.

--
http://happywarriors.co.uk/
http://twitter.com/happywarriors