On Jan 13, 2010, at 4:32 PM, Dana Collins wrote:

On 1/13/10 5:32 PM, Kasey Smith of kasm...@gmail.com sent

On Jan 13, 2010, at 10:15 AM, Dana Collins wrote:

Hi Norm,
For what it's worth, the power board on all these G4 form factors (Sawtooth to QuickSilver) are easily removable and replaceable - the power board (the small circuit controller board that is behind your power button, usually contained in a small metal bracket) would be my first speculation. See if you can obtain one on the swap list, being sure to specify that you need it for a Gig-E. Other than that, get a Pro-style keyboard that has a soft power
button, equally inexpensive.
HTH,
Dana

The last apple keyboard to have the power button was the first USB keyboard that came with the iMac tray loaders, early slot loaders, and the PowerMac G3
B&W. The Pro Keyboard DOES NOT have a power button

Correctamundo, Kasey...my bad. However, several third party keyboards
(MacAlly for ex.) continued the power button for a while longer; perhaps
Norm can snag one of those.
Dana

Oh, it also might be worth noting that the Summer 2000 iMac DV i have will not start with the power button on the keyboard (if i plug the one in from the older tray loader.)
 However, the first iMac slot loaders will.