I have AT&T Uverse service for high speed internet, and the wired part
of the system seems to work very well.  The problem I'm experiencing
is with the wireless part of the gateway.  Our house is only a year
old and we had a nexus built into one of the closets upstairs.  The
2Wire784 gateway we got from ATT has very limited range and seems
frankly very slow.  My wife's Windoze machine sees it as only a 811.b
network.  I decided to install a Buffalo G Wireless router downstream
and it helped but service is still sparodic.  I just picked up an
Airport Extreme N router off FleBay the other day and it rocks, but
wireless service is still not dependable, even in the same room with
the router.  The signal strength is off the charts, but sometimes the
wireless connections jsut sputters.  I'm wondering if these issues are
due to the "router behind a router" problem.  When I hooked up the
second routers, I got the 2Wire screen regarding the "Router Behind
Router" dilemma.  It offered to "resolve" the problem, apparently
using DMZPlus Mode.  Apparently, this is less than optimum, and if my
service is any indication, I have to agree.  Could this be the source
of my problems?  Is there a way to shut down the wireless capability
of the 2Wire Gateway and just use the Airport Router.  Any feedback
you have would be appreciated.

Thanking you in advance,
Scott Birdwell
DeFalco's Home Wine & Beer Supplies