On Jan 29, 2010, at 2:43 PM, Kris Tilford wrote:

On Jan 29, 2010, at 1:20 PM, Jasiu wrote:

Whats the fastest video card I can put in the above mentioned computer?

If you don't need Core Image (which is slow over PCI), any of the Radeon PCI cards are a big step up from the OEM Rage. I personally like the PC flashed cards in the 9100, 9200, 9250 series. They're generally a lot faster than the real Mac Radeon 9200 which is almost an amped-up version of the 7000, not too quick. If you want a real Mac card you're pretty much restricted to the Radeon 9200 Mac Edition, or the ubiquitous Radeon 7000 Mac Edition.

I have the ATI Radeon 9200 Mac Edition, that has 128MB VRAM, in my Yikes! that I oc'd to 450.

Not too impressed with its performance ... didn't seem to do much better than the ATI Radeon 7000 Mac Edition, IIRC ... mostly based on feel.

Core Image is not supported (under Tiger 10.4.11), and I don't have Quartz Extreme on (which I believe I need to use PCI Extreme to turn it on).