On Feb 2, 2010, at 7:04 PM, Ricardo Sevilla wrote:

Hello everyone. I have a problem. I have recently acquired a Quicksilver G4. It was an 867 mhz model. I pulled my 1.3 ghz cpu out of my Sawtooth and put it in the Quicksilver. The Quicksilver has 1.5 gigs of Ram and a 2.0 USB card along with a firewire card. Other than that there are no other Hardware modifications done to the G4. The problem I am having is when I try to connect to the internet. I cannot get a good ip address for the life of me.

Have you tried resetting the router? Are you using Airport or the built-in ethernet? If you have another functioning Mac connect the two and see if they find each other via bonjour.

Delete the network preferences entirely (these are in /library/ preferences/systemconfiguration, just delete every one that has to do with networking.)

IS your router restricting by MAC address?

Is your router working? Linksys tend to be crap.

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona