On Feb 1, 8:15 pm, Ricardo Sevilla <ae86dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
I was wondering what other G4s could a Quicksilver cpu fit into?
It is an 867 mhz cpu.

The easy mod is for a Digital Audio. You need to add a 12v line to the card from a drive power plug. Not hard and I can send you a link if you wish. Extra cooling is never a bad idea.

The really tough mods are to get it into a Sawtooth or Gigabit machine. It is plug compatible with their cpu sockets, but you also need to do the following:

a) remove one of the onboard ata connectors
b) modify the heatsink (not recommended without additional cooling) or do internal case mods to fit it

In addition, without circuit board level modifications, the processor will run at a slower speed. The 867 is at a 133MHz bus speed (6.5 x multiplier). Without circuit board level modifications, in a 100MHz bus machine, it will only run at 650MHz (6.5 x 100)

Len