On Feb 4, 2010, at 2:33 PM, Bill Connelly wrote:

> I bought a Samsung Writemaster DL DVD from OWC awhile ago and have held off
> buying DL DVDs. blank disks. They're expensive and the Pros and Cons abound
>
> Been looking at the 8x Memorex DLs on ebay.
>
> What is the original poster / others using?
>
> Here's what owc is selling:
>
> 25 Pack Ridata 8.5GB 2.4x DVD+R DL Dual Layer DVD Media W/ Jewel Case25 Pack
> Ritek RiData DL DVD+R (Dual Layer DVD+R, Double Layer DVD+R) Blank Media
> 8.5GB 2.4X on spindle moreSame Day $29.99  Brand: RitekOWC Item # RDTDRD85SP25
>
> Memorex 8.5GB 8x DVD+R DL Dual Layer DVD Media 10 Pack SpindleMemorex 8.5GB
> 8x DVD+R DL Dual Layer DVD Media 10 Pack Spindle moreSame Day $25.99
>
> 2.4x versus 8x.
>
> Comments?

Just FYI I had to recently return two Samsung drives to OWC for exchange to
Pioneer 118L. The Samsung failed too many times to burn DVDs DL also the
Lightscribe on this drive is miserable compared to the HP. Also I have found
little or no quality difference in media brands. I think it's in the rippers
and burning procedures.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA