On Feb 13, 2010, at 9:47 PM, John Carmonne wrote:

On Feb 13, 2010, at 4:52 PM, Bill Connelly wrote:

On Feb 13, 2010, at 6:45 PM, Kris Tilford wrote:

On Feb 13, 2010, at 9:14 AM, Bill Connelly wrote:

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S222L:

Firmware Revision:   SB01

Current firmware is SB03 released Jan.14, 2010
Your firmware is a year older.

When firmware updates are being issued, these normally address real problems, so I'd strongly suggest you find a way to update the firmware since you're two updates behind. I've been given "bad" burners that literally couldn't burn ANY disc that miraculously became perfect after a firmware update. Here's a link:

<http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Firmware/SingleModel.aspx?DriveId=1627 >

Looks like it needs to be installed in a Windows PC ...

Maybe OWC will take it back on Monday for the Pioneer ...

You'll have no problem with OWC exchanging the drive for a Pioneer, You're not the only one with a problem on the Samsung drive.

John ... Thanks for the MDR app Demo. It seemed to work well on one of my DVDs (much faster than MTR 2.6.6), but I decided to wait on making any more Toast 6.1.1 coasters ... I'm guessing the Samsung being behind in Firmware updates is the problem, and my only Windoze PC (a Compaq Presario) has been gutted, so it cannot come alive without extended effort (except maybe on a Friday The 13th).

I'm also investigating MacTheRipper 4 via:
http://www.ripdifferent.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11686

having been a fan of MTR 2.6.6 ...

I might try just dragging the VIDEO_TS folder to Toast in lieu of the whole directory paths NAME > AUDIO_TS + VIDEO_TS ... maybe that's confusing Toast DL output (probably not)?

Or did you suggest making an ".iso" file, and burning a DL with Disk Utility? I seemed to remember doing things that way on a single layer DVD awhile ago ...