A couple of questions about hard drives and synching. I have a dozen IDE hard drives of assorted sizes and makes from 4GB up to 250GB that maybe one or two are definitely bricks. When I hook them up in an external enclosure some show up in Disk utility (only the first line, the second does not show on the left hand side in the listing of drives) and they don't mount. I can't run first aid and it looks like I can reinitialize some of them but not others. Before I try the reinitialize option I would like to see what is on them first. Drive Genius and Tech Tool do not see them either, only Disk Utility does so far. The others mount and run fine. I have tried different USB and firewire ports and cables, a different enclosure as well with no improvement.

Looking around the web I am reading that since I am using (a PowerMac G5 with) Leopard 10.5.8, that may be causing the problem. It has been suggested that I check them while running Tiger or even Panther. Before I install Panther or Tiger on a drive and run it in the G5 I was hoping someone had some experience with this issue and could offer some guidance. Thank you.

m ray
bluellama...@embarqmail.com