On Feb 16, 2010, at 12:35 AM, Mullin9 wrote:

What causes my iMac G5 iSight to freezes, have kernal Panics, and have
my mouse/keyboard goes dead at times?
I ve tried resetting PRAM, reinstalling Mac OS 10.4.2, updating to
10.4.11, I still have  these problems.

Here's a long discussion of an identical problem:

<http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-desktops/190340-g5-imac-isight-problem.html >

I agree, it's likely either RAM, HD, or heat. Heat happens mainly when the HD goes bad; or when the cooling fan dies, which you can usually feel or hear. Also, the iMac G5 was known to run hot to begin with, so it doesn't take much extra to cause problems. The suggestion of installing a temperature monitor is good. Removing a stick of RAM to troubleshoot it is also good if you have multiple sticks.

There's a chance the kernel panic log will contain information to lead you in the right direction IF it's some other problem, but not likely if it's RAM, HD, or heat.