On 2/17/10 7:36 AM, DAN A CURRIE wrote:
Hello All,

I am driving a G5 2.5 dualie, running 10.5 with .5TB hard drive space.

I just made the move from Netscape 9.0.0.6 to Firefox 3.6 and while it
was mostly a seamless transition, once I brought my bookmarks over an
issue arose.

Now when I click on BOOKMARKS on the menu bar the fans are off to the
races for the next 20-25 seconds and I can NOT access the bookmarks
until they return to normal.

I have completely re-installed Firefox and re-imported the bookmarks but
still the same!!

Please - HELP!?

Dan II

Greetings - I too had a similar problem with Firefox. It boiled down to
2 things - too many bookmarks, and many links were stale. So Firefox
is trying to index them all.

My solution was to just take the time, visit every bookmark, weed out
the stale ones, and move them all into folders. Now it is off to the races
when I go to the bookmarks, except this time I win!

Stephen