On Feb 18, 2010, at 9:09 PM, Richard Gerome wrote:

It started back up with no problems and is running but there is a delay when I'm typing and I get the spinning ball sometimes... I have been having trouble with the spinning ball for a few weeks but not typing...

Reinstall the latest Combo Update.

It never stopped the bong on startup even when i got that screen and by the way it was a dark gray screen but the window error message was out line in white and had white letters and it was also in Spanish and another language... I never had any problems with any of my Apple computers in the 14-15 yrs!!!

This is just a standard panic window, nothing to worry about. It's bark is worse than it's bite, especially since you rebooted OK. If you get this again, reboot holding the Shift key for Safe Boot. This will load only the base set of extensions and dump the boot cache files, so on the next boot you'll get a clean boot process.

I'm trying now to figure out how to get that panic report, I never did this before???

Open Console which is in your Applications>Utilities folder and look for Panic Reporter. The log file should be in /Library/Logs/Panic Reporter, at least in Leopard, I'm not sure about Tiger and before. In the backtrace the extension mentioned is likely the cause of the panic. In my experience it's normally add-on things like USB devices; or non-Apple extensions that drive other hardware. A reinstallation of the Combo Update will solve many tiny software glitches in one easy shotgun approach.