I have an 867 dual and recently it has been giving a bad ram beep
either at post or randomly during use. I believe the motherboard is
starting to go. The ram is just fine in another machine. I was
wondering if I could swap in a motherboard from a MDD 1.42 dual and
use everything from the 867 including the processor? I know there is a
difference in the bus speed but do not know if that would prevent the
867 from functioning or destroy the 867 processor. I dont know if the
power supply will hook up or work with the board.
Can anyone shed any light on this? I have been cruising the net and
various mac sites but cannot find this specific information.
The reason I would prefer to use the 1.42 board is because I have it
sitting here and there would be no out of pocket if I use it. I even
have the ram for it. Any help/information is appreciated.

Thanks,
A J