I'm a member of several of the LEM groups, as I operate a whole
variety of Macs in a variety of situations at a variety of different
times. I have my faithful PowerBook G3 Pismo 500 MHz with Tiger that I
use for several hours every day; my sister has my PowerBook Duo 230
that I fiddle with every few months or so; my sister also has my old
iBook Clamshell 300 MHz with OS X Puma that I've been upgrading for
her; I bought an iMac G4 800 MHz with Tiger that my mother uses
frequently throughout the day (and my younger brother plays SNES games
with an emulator on it); I work with 2009 Intel iMacs at college for
newspaper production and fun; and I am currently preparing to state my
case to have an old Digital Audio G4 upgraded at college for use with
a Yamaha Clavinova keyboard and Finale 2008.
  That said, I'm used to anachronisms. I'm probably one of the few
people my age that wouldn't mind playing/working with System 7 (or
earlier). I grew up unknowingly loving Macs, and my passion for this
different breed of computers will continue as I purchase my iPad 3G in
April.
  However, I am a very heavy typist. Between English, my college
newspaper, emails, chats, and my yet-unfinished novels, I am
constantly typing. My Pismo has a great keyboard for a laptop, but I
wouldn't mind having something more comfortable and durable. The
difference between the keyboards I work with and the keyboard I would
like to have is like the difference between a cheap Casio keyboard and
my college's $4000 Yamaha Clavinovas (as close to a grand as you can
get in an electronic, complete with real piano levers/hammers and
heavy keys).

  So, my question is, are there any of you out there that use
keyboards in the caliber of the Apple Extended Keyboard and the IBM
Model M? How do you like them, and would they be worth carrying around
(with a USB adapter, of course)?