On Mar 7, 2010, at 12:33 PM, John Musbach wrote:

> On 3/7/10, JOHN CARMONNE <carmo...@aol.com> wrote:
>> My ADB EVE dongle works on the iMate to USB but the darn extension
>> won't load at Classic start up in Tiger. All's not lost because I
>> have plenty of OS9 bootable machines. I just like to use the G5 some
>> times because I have a VIZIO 36" on it. Funny I always wanted to use
>> MacVector but no money in those days. Also the dongle needs to be
>> blessed for the different applications.
>> What I need really is to be able to use ResEdit or something like it
>> to remove the dongle requirement in the program. I've searched with
>> ResEdit many times but just can't find the code to thrash it.
>
> I know their official stance is that they no longer support that
> product for this os, but have you nonetheless tried calling/emailing
> them? It's possible that someone who worked on developing that product
> for this os is still working there and if your request is properly
> worded they may simpathise with you and provide you with assistance in
> bypassing what I presume to be their antipiracy measure. Good luck!
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> John Musbach

Yes I've tried that but they always say that they know nothing about it. Like I
said earlier some of the previous versions can be bypassed with a date/00000000
combo
but the latest one no cigar.

 I know there's a way to remove the protection of the dongle because the way
they sold it was a 4 stage system and the stages were turned on by your Dongle
similar o the way CNC controls are controlled by parameters instead of a
software package for each machine, you would give them money and in return they
would tell you the parameter over the phone.

 Like car dealers do when they try to sell you the alarms, All cars have them
today but they want money to turn it on, That's why if you stick to your guns
it's free.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA