Howdy,
  Higher power may not be the right answer.  I helped run the wireless
network for a large conference.  The network expert who was in charge
explained that higher power sometimes causes worse performance.  The
company who had been hired to setup our network had brought in high
powere access points and the performance was terrible.  Our guy turned
down the power and changed some of the channels and drastically improved
our network.
 But, maybe you need high power.  One good nic is like the one on this
ebay auction.
  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250568544838
 I don't know that seller, and I am only suggesting you look at the nic
he offers.  When I want an access point, I take an embedded computer
like a soekris box and add a mini-pci nic and run openwrt.  You can
build a setup like this for about $100, even with a high power nic.
Some people want more of a canned solution, but I like better capability
and security.
Good luck,
Ralph