On Mar 8, 2010, at 4:50 PM, skinnie wrote:

Thanks all of you for the suggestions,but I'll try to make some things
clear :)

snip

2) When I say it's slow,I don't mean it's horribly slow,but I know
this time it is a little slower than my ibook g3 800mhz,640mb ram,40gb
hdd was!
I think maybe due to the crappy ati card that I have on the powermac
doesn't support quartz extreme unlike the 32mb one on the ibook...and
the crappy seagate HDD that I have there..

The HD and video are pretty close between the iBook and the Sawtooth. Not enough for you to see a lot of difference. The ATI rage is slower than a 7500, but not a huge amount.

Most of the difference you are seeing is the processor. You have plenty of ram.

Since you are at 2 different places, the speed of your connection could be an issue. Schools tend to have high bandwidth connections to the net compared to home connections.

3)Processor upgrades cost a lot more,even that 533mhz...I pay about
35dollars of shipping to portugal,so I think 50 dollars for more
133mhz is not a really good option..
If I could live with a g3 800Mhz,I guess a G4  400Mhz could be just
good for internet..

Your computer may be able to use a dual G4 from a Gigabit Ethernet model which would double your speed and be about the same, if not faster than the iBook.

5)About pc flashed cards,what problems have you got?I've read in the
mac elite wiki,and there are lots of "confirmed" working 9700 reduced
roms and 9800...

Len