On Mar 8, 2010, at 8:19 PM, Jeffrey Engle wrote:

On Mar 8, 2010, at 1:58 PM, Clark Martin wrote:

One problem with this lashup is that the relay AEBS may or may not get a strong enough connection to the main AEBS. That is because all it's WiFi traffic would be going through the Cantenna. While it is a directional antenna there is still signal pickup around it in all directions. But whether it will be strong enough you won't know until you try it. If you can use an Ethernet cable to connect the two AEBSs then this won't be a problem.

I should add, this is also faster as the relay AEBS would have to receive and send every packet, taking twice as long.

Hey Clark, If I hook the two AEBS's up together like you said, I should see them both in airport utility, right? then I want to configure the one with the cantenna to simply "extend my network"? OR "join my network" which one is better? Jeff

The main AEBS should be as it is now. The relay AEBS would be set up to just act as an access point. I'm not sure of the terminology, the only AEBS I have doesn't use those phrases. But I think you want "extend my network". This should do what you want. Make sure the two use different channels from the choice of 1, 6 and 11.