On Mar 10, 2010, at 3:30 PM, Wallace Adrian D'Alessio wrote:

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Jeffrey Engle <macgu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Here's what I did...
1 500gb drive, 2 partitions, I went to delete one of the partitions, then "erase free space"... now it says it's full? where before there was only 30gb on it? I'm either going nuts or did something stupid here? any ideas? Jeff

What machine ? Google your machine with the search term hard drive limit or search the LEM machine profiles. Some machines have system access limits. You can also search the LEM archive for info on your machine. Did it ever really see the half Terrabyte ?

G5 2.3 Power Mac (early 2005)

Solved. for some reason, a folder named "recovered items" was put in the trash when I "erased free space" that was 463 gb in size maxing out the HD, googled around, emptied the trash.... bingo! Jeff