My G4 had issues with youtube vids even with a 1.8GHz processor upgrade 1.5GB
RAM and a Radeon 9600 video card.    Flash is just very poorly implemented.
Try click to flash, it'll force H.264 if available that seemed to help out a
lot on my machine (not to mention stopping all the flash ads which certainly
frees up some processor power)

-sam