On Mar 27, 2010, at 7:42 AM, Austin Leeds wrote:

> Are you moving them in one swift stroke or one by one? I find
> sometimes the otherwise nonsensical process of moving things one by
> one, especially in large transfers, keeps things stable and running.
> Is this on your G5 or G4 (I saw a G4 in those pictures of your G5
> you sent me)? Or perhaps a different Mac altogether? Are you moving
> from one Mac to another, or using both drives on the same Mac?

I've done both one by one and batches same deal. The machine is "Stanley" the
G5 Dual 2.7 the only thing may be is I just installed a Seritek 1v4 card and a
2TB  Hitachi drive.

So far I've moved 230GB from an internal Seagate and the same amount from an
internal WD at one shot. The drive I'm moving this batch from is an external
1TB Hitachi drive via USB. At first I tried via Eternet and so I thought maybe
that was the issue so I moved it to USB (cheapo drive no FW) and still no cigar.

John Carmonne
Yorba Linda USA
Sent from my MBP