On Apr 3, 2010, at 12:30 AM, Mark Sokolovsky wrote:

Well... I should have read the fine print. If those cutstom processors
are only upgrades from the ones of IBM and Motorola, then ok. look,
these days Ican barely trust anyone with fixing my Macs. First they
will say that it has alot of problems, then they charge me big bucks,
and return it to me running into a kernel panic two weeks later. Look,
i just overreacted to what happened when these guys ripped me off on
craigslist. Grrr. If I said anything that's untrue, I only said that
to watch out for scams.

Buyer always should beware... That said, I purchased a G4 PowerBook on eBay about three years ago and recently it had a kernel panic. My cure was to boot in safe mode, run MacJanitor and yup, it has booted fine ever since. Usually all of my Macs run 24/7, (including sleep periods), and I seldom if ever run into system problems. My G4 Gigabit desktop has been running Tiger without issue ever since it came out.

Other than serious hardware issues, most Mac problems can be solved by the user IMO.

But that's just me...

JT