On Apr 18, 2010, at 2:22 PM, roman...@ideal-access.com wrote:

Here it is:

http://www.cooldrives.com/usb-power-cable-mini-b.html

Roman

Can someone confirm that this will solve my external USB High Speed Problem please.

I'm not following this thread closely, so I may be off target.

I don't believe this cable will help you.

Your card is a VIA chipset card (Vendor ID 0x1106). Most VIA chipset cards don't work very well with OS X, and required at separate VIA extension to be installed in order to work. VIA didn't update the extension (it may be natively supported by Apple in Leopard?), so it only worked well for PPC Macs up into Tiger 10.4. To further cause problems, the driver has disappeared from the VIA support site, so it may be hard to find for download. It appears to be available from the Internet Archive Wayback Machine:

<http://web.archive.org/web/20080619152013/http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=23&CatID=2470&SubCatID=122 >

If you can install the VIA driver perhaps that can help? Otherwise, my advise is to forget about the VIA card and get another card with a different chipset maker that is better supported on Mac. I've read that NEC is good, but there are probably many. You got unlucky with VIA, the one chipset that seems to have problems on Mac.

Also, sometimes the USB enclosures have USB bridge chipsets that can be problematic for Macs. Sometimes there are firmware updates for the enclosures themselves that can help mounting problems, but this is increasingly rare, especially on a newer enclosure. I couldn't see the firmware revision or chipset information on the IOMEGA enclosure from what you've posted so far (look in your System Profiler), but it's not very likely that this would be an issue, but if it is, an update can sometimes help.