On Apr 20, 9:08 am, Fabian Fang <f...@mac.com> wrote:>
> <http://www.meritline.com/mygica-igrabber-usb-2point0-video-capture-fo...

On Fabian's lead I purchased iGrabber.
First effort was a false start when using a monoral VHS player (the
sound was out of sink in the capture).
Switching to a better VHS player did the trick and I've successfully
capture/converted a VHS film.
But, "format that I can use to burn a DVD"?
As far as I know, iGrabber generates only .mov files.
So, you'd have to use iMovie to convert to .dv and iDVD to burn.
There may be other conversion software. I've used MPEG Streamclip.

I also use a screen capture app  Snaptz Pro X and, of course, there
are others.
SPX captures the screen or portion thereof and creates a .mov file.
So you could capture the screen from DVD Player.

Both these options do it all in real time and create very large files.

hth
Cliff