Oops!
Check out data rescue. I think they have a trial version that'll show you the files it's "recovered" but you need to stump up the funds to actually recover the stuff. Takes a while to run it's scan, and sometimes doesn't get the right file names, and needs a bit of free space, but it gets the job done! Saved me a few times, as always, ymmv, and I'm in no way affiliated with anybody

Mike