On Apr 23, 9:30 pm, Lawrence David Eden <lde...@comcast.net> wrote:
> I have been trying to install an inkjet printer on my wife's iMac G5.
> I have tried installing 3 different printers (Lexmark X75, HP8050
> Canon MX300).  All installations end up the same way:  the iMac can't
> find a driver to use with the newly installed printer even after I
> have downloaded the latest drivers from the manufacturer's websites,
> and followed all onscreen prompts....

Since all three printers have drivers for 10.4 and work on other Macs
it seems as if the problem is in the iMac G5. After you install the
drivers you should be able to find them manually in System\Library
\Extensions or in Library\Printers.  Things to try include
1) a different USB port
2) a different USB cable
3) repairing permissions, then shutdown and start up with a printer
attached and turned on
4) use a utility program like Xupport to force optimization, then a
restart will be required