On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Albert Carter <slvrmoonti...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This is not true. The only thing that is different about the distribution of
> Windows 7 from XP and Vista is that the DVDs contain both the 32-bit and the
> x64 version of code. There are still individual discs for Home Premium,
> Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise.

Really?

Then how does the MS "Anytime Upgrade" work? Say I wanted to take my
version of Home Premium to the Ultimate of Foolishness. Supposedly I
go online and purchase a license for Ultimate, then enter the new
license key, and "poof" I'm upgraded. You may think they're going to
download all the changes to the OS via the Internet, but that is not
my understanding of how it works.

I have no way to test this personally though since there is no way in
heck I'd ever upgrade my flavor of Win 7.

But you were also indirectly correct in pointing out an error I made.
Actually my retail copy of Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade has two
DVDs. One DVD is for the 32-bit flavor and the other is for the
64-bit. My bad.

-irrational john