Target Mode G4, G5 Towers and orĀ  MacBook, iBook Attempting to use Target Mode.

--- On Wed, 5/5/10, Ken Daggett <kadagg...@verizon.net> wrote:

From: Ken Daggett <kadagg...@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: FireWire cable comes in 6 different versions
To: g3-5-list@googlegroups.com
Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, 8:37 PM

On 5 May 2010, at 19:26:26 PDT, Jonas Lopez wrote:

> FireWire cable comes in 6 different versions
>
> Finally got around to dealing with FireWire. Looked and looked, but could not
> find any, so gave up and went to Frys.
>
> They have some 6 different versions, 6 wire to 4 wire, 4 to 4, 6 to 6, and
> more. The question is what is the FireWire that is configured for our G4, G5
> and so on? Any help will be appreciated. BTW I did purchase the 6 to 6 config
> for $22.
Not sure what the question asks. The type of cable you need depends on what you
are trying to connect. The FW400 is different than the FW800. All the machines
I have except my wife's 2009 MacBook Pro have a FW400 6 pin plug. My HD video
camera has a small 4 pin plug, thus I have to have a cable with the appropriate
ends.

What was your question?

Ken
http://mysite.verizon.net/res7gt1w/stackomacs

--You received this message because you are a member of G-Group, a group for