> On May 9, 1:12 am, Mark Sokolovsky <coolmar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have 2 video cards that i plan
> > on putting on my PM G4 sawtooth. One is an Nvidia GeForce 6200 with 256MB
> > RAM, the other is an ATI Radeon 9550 with 256MB of RAM. Both are flashed PC
> > cards and work well on my system. Which one is better to use?
>
> If you are running Leopard the GeForce 6200 will cause a boot delay of
> 2 - 3 minutes (unless you flashed it with the modified ROM that
> removes the temperature sensing function). But on the + side, once
> booted you can monitor the GPU temp using a program like Temperature
> Monitor; I don't think the Radeon 9550 has temp sensor capability. I
> put up with the 6200's boot delay because I like to monitor
> temperatures, heat can build up in Macs when you start adding
> processor upgrades, RAM, better video cards, additional hard drives,
> etc. If the 6200 is a fanless model you should look into putting a fan
> on it, these are popular add-ons for the 6200:
>
> http://www.aerocooler.com/shop.cart?action=ITEM&prod_id=FANTIC3

All true DC but I don't think you have to modify the Rom if you don't want to.
I seem to recall reading that it is the temp.kext that you can simply remove or
add back into your library to have the temp monitor working or not.
These nvidia 6200s are the best video cards for the G4 Cube - also 2x AGP
slots, so have been pretty well documented.
http://www.cubeowner.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13181&pid=90144&mode=threaded&show=&st=&;

Stewie