On May 21, 2010, at 11:50 PM, m.smurph...@charter.net wrote:

I got the bright idea to use my shop vac to vacuum the crud out of my
keyboard. When I was done my F3 key was missing. After sifting through
all the dust in the bin I couldn't find it.

So what are my options. Is it possible to get a new or used F3 key and
just plug it in or should I get a new or used keyboard?

This is a Digital Audio G4 with the original keyboard.

Thanks

Look around on the floor, maybe it got shoved out there somewhere ... plucked off the KB by the probe ...

Also check around and inside of the filter that usually covers a shop vac motor and float ball if a wet vac ...

Its a nasty job trying to find something in a shop vac ... might want to wear a safety mask as well ...

Everything is covered in dust ... and the chunks all look the same ....

Good luck!