----------  Original message  ----------
Subject: Re: Cube speed
Date:    Sonntag 23 Mai 2010N
From:    Len Gerstel <lgers...@gmail.com>
To:      g3-5-list@googlegroups.com

> On May 23, 2010, at 11:38 AM, JOHN CARMONNE wrote:
> IMNSHO, your best bet is to stay with either a genuine Apple processor
> designed for the cube, or an aftermarket one designed for it.

The SG4-C1800 Sonnet Encore/ST 1.8 Ghz G4 is such an upgrade. Propably no
longer available and much too expensive ($400 USD).

Another example is the SG4-C1200-2M Sonnet Sonnet Encore/ST 1.2Ghz G4 wich is
specifically for the Cube, whereas the SG4-1200-2M (without the ā€œCā€) is with a
heatsink that is incompatible with the Cube.

You can search the Web or start here:
http://www.welovemacs.com/apcusepa.html

SG4-1200-2M (not for Cube):
http://www.welovemacs.com/en1g4wi2mb3l.html
SG4-C1200-2M (specifically for Cube):
http://www.welovemacs.com/sg4c12002m.html
SG4-C1800 (for Cube, fastest I could find):
http://www.welovemacs.com/sg4c1800.html

Cheers,
Andreas  aka  Mac User #330250