Well yeah that is kind of what defines open source, but you could say
the same thing about Windows and with the exception on Windows 7  I
have found nothing more reliable then the open source stuff on the PC
side.  I am wondering if I would be better going with an out of date,
and unsupported version os OS X or a distro of Linux that will
continue to be supported and developped by enthusiasts.