On 01/06/10 10:14 PM, Ralph Green wrote:
Howdy,
  http://support.apple.com/kb/TA20949?viewlocale=en_US   indicates that
other samba setup problems can cause this.  Is the share setup to
support guest access?  If not, are you supplying the correct username
and password?  If you want the samba share to support guest access, look
at /etc/samba/smb.conf.  See if you have these three lines under the
share definition you are trying to access:
   guest ok = yes
   public = yes
   browseable = yes
Thanks for that. I log in using password and user name. I'm able to login and transfer, but after a while, get the error. What I'm finding amazing is how common this problem is and yet there does not seem a definitive solution. This is a first for my dealings with OSX.