Hello all,

I know this is not the right place for this question, but no other LEM
list is, as well, so here it goes: my father bought a cheap set of USB
adapters, and was surprised to find one that has a USB female plug in
one end and a standard FireWire 400 port in the other.

The adapter is so small that I really can't imagine what kind of
electronics is hidden there! I always thought Firewire required a
special controller, and that's why Firewire devices were more
expensive than their USB counterparts.

I can post links to some images of the adapter, but I wanted to know
your opinion prior to plugging something to it. Will it blow up? :)

Greetings,
Manuel Marques