I recently picked up a 10/100 Apple Fast Ethernet PCI card for my old
standby, a well-upgraded Beige G3, on eBay. While I've seen this card
working fine on this machine in Mac OS 8.1 using the "Apple 10/100
Fast Ethernet" extension, for some reason it completely refuses to
work right in 9.2.1, even with said driver from 8.1 and even with the
"apple enet" extension disabled. In short, the built-in 10mbit
Ethernet seems to always be the active adapter and the PCI card seems
to always be disabled no matter what extension I use and no matter
what adapter I have the Appletalk and TCP/IP control panels set to.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.