At 10:33 PM -0400 6/13/2010, Mark Sokolovsky wrote:
i recently installed a fresh copy of Mac OS X jaguar on my system since my old copy of jaguar crashed (due to the 4GB memory switch)

That makes no sense. Why would any version of OS X fail because you changed memory? Oh geeze you changed the windshield wipers, so you better buy a new car engine!

and it keeps on telling me to restart the system every time i boot up into jaguar. Any suggestions? leopard works fine

Your description isn't very good. Kindof like telling a mechanic that your car won't start without bothering to mention that you either removed the battery or left your keys in the kitchen. And while we're at it, we should guess what Mac and other hardware is involved?

Exactly when during the boot sequence is the panic occurring?

What do the system and panic logs say?

Since you changed the memory, zap the PRAM.

Try booting into Safe Mode (shift key held down). That will rebuild caches etc.

Try booting into Verbose Mode (cmd-V), and take note of what's happening right before the panic.

- Dan.
--
- Psychoceramic Emeritus; South Jersey, USA, Earth.