On Jun 14, 2010, at 10:12 AM, Dave Bjur wrote:

Thanks, John.

Pardon my ignorance:

1. What and where is the CUDA switch? I see a PMU reset switch -- is that it?

2. Is the front bay the one under the optical drive?

3. Also, does it matter which RAM slot?

Thanks, Again,

Dave Bjur
d...@bjurconsulting.com
(208) 305-1514

On Jun 14, 2010, at 10:00 AM, JOHN CARMONNE wrote:

On Jun 14, 2010, at 9:46 AM, Dave wrote:

I am trying to use a 1 GB PC3200 DDR 400 module in my MDD, installed
by itself, but it keeps telling me I need to restart the machine. I
see several of you have installed 1 GB modules -- I would appreciate
any suggestions!
Reset CUDA switch make sure the boot drive is in the front bay on the end of the cable. Clean the RAM and slots with contact cleaner "non residue type". That's how I got my MDD working the day I got it from a gut that was going to waste can it. It's now my goto burner with 2 opticals and 4 HDDs with 2 1 GB sticks. and a Seritek card. USB 2.0. and eSATA

JOHN CARMONNE
Yorba Linda USA
From TiBook 800

Look close to the battery or Google if you don't see it. It's a tiny grey button it a bright square box. The best way is to remove every thing you can including the battey and power cord before reconnection.

JOHN CARMONNE
Yorba Linda USA
carmo...@aol,com