I had the "test" message up for about 5 seconds, and then deleted it.
It turned out that there was a problem with cookies in my Firefox
browser that caused Google group posting attempts to go into an
infinite loop. In the process of diagnosing the problem, I needed to
see if another browser would work. I only post messages on rare
occasions, so I needed a sample. I would say that the complaints about
it took up a lot more bandwidth, and made no suggestions on how to
"lawfully" do the kind of testing I needed to do.