On 24/6/10 08:46, "Mark Sokolovsky" <coolmar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone, I need help on this one, so try your best. I recently picked
> up myself a nice deal on a new video card. for $60, I got myself an ATI Radeon
> 9550 AGP 8x with 256MB of DDR2 Video RAM. I am pretty much fed up with even my
> 64MB Nvidia Geforce 4 MX/MX440 ADC card from my dual 1.0Ghz quicksilver,
> because is still doesn't perform what I call "Perfect" under Leopard, so I got
> myself 4X the video card for this upgrade. I need to know, how can I get an
> ATI Radeon 9550 with 256MB of VRAm to work happily on a PM G4 Sawtooth? I
> don't want to do board soldering, I just ant a simple solution that works.
> Your help will be much appreciated. I tried google, Bing, Yahoo, Ask, and all
> of those other search sites, and nothing really helpful came up because it
> didn't WORK.

    The 9550 with DDR2 cannot be flashed for use in a mac - 9500/9700/9800
Pro models are all flashable to mac but the 9550 was never successfully
converted and AFAIK no suitable rom is available. 9800 Pro/XT is your best
Radeon bet - no soldering required with the reduced bios available. Beware
also the newish cheap Radeon copies coming fron China with TSOP (oblong)
memory and half the data width - you need an older genuine Radeon with BGA
(square) ram chips.

Pete