If CCC doesn't work for you, perhaps Super Duper will. . . Just a
thought.  If you've never taken a Clamshell apart before, I would tell
you it's somewhat tedious, but really not that hard.  You need some
small screwdrivers (Phillips, flat-head, Torx T8), and good
instructions.  Go to:
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Installing-iBook-G3-Clamshell-Hard-Drive-Replacement/116/1
.  This will take you step by step.  I printed up the instructions and
taped the screws to the applicable section of each sheet.  It'll take
you about 45 - 60 minutes to get the thing apart (less after you know
what you're doing. . .). It's not hard, just a bit of a pain in the
patoot.  I've done enough of these to where I no longer dread opening
them up any more, and you would be surprised how well these laptops
perform with Tiger and a 512 meg ram stick in them.

Scott Birdwell
DeFalco's Home Wine & Beer Supplies
Houston TX
www.defalcos.com