On Jul 3, 2010, at 12:27 PM, Dan wrote:

At 12:16 PM -0700 7/3/2010, Jeffrey Engle wrote:
IMO, you'd be much better off making a CCC of /Users, then creating a job to update it incrementally. Mine runs every day at 5:02. Takes between 10 and 30 mins (depends on how active I've been that day).

Oh, tell CCC to ignore "Library/Caches" There's nothing there you ever need or want.

If space on the backup device is an issue... You could tell it to ignore your music and movies too...

How do I tell CCC to ignore "library caches"?? looking for that box to uncheck? can't find it.

Select the source.
Hit the gear pop-up to the right of that, and pick Edit Filters.
Click Show Avanced Options
Then add an entry to the Custom Rules list.
Change the field it creates to be exactly
- Library/Caches

Note the - sign. That means exclude. Leave off the initial /. That way it will match both /Library/Caches and /Users/jeff/Library/ Caches etc.

If you hit the "?" button in that dialog, it will display instructions.

- Dan.

Wow, thanks!!! I also figured out how to save to "subfolder" on the target... cool! Jeff