On Jul 6, 12:02 am, Dan <dantear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At 9:33 PM -0600 7/5/2010, Nestamicky wrote:
>
> >I've spent the whole evening trying to find out the solution to this
> >one. Fresh 10.4.11 install. Completely fresh with all updates that
> >were done immediately after the istall. Then I went first to VLC,
> >then Firefox, then Adium, none of the .dmg files will mount.
>
> >Console outputs: "diskimages-helper: unable to activate drive -
> >error 0xe0002c9 (-536870199).
>
> One possibility is that it's unable to create the mount point.  Pls
> copy this command, exactly as-is, and paste it into Terminal.  Then
> copy'n'paste the complete results into your reply here...
>
> ls -al /Volumes /Library/InputManagers ~/Library/InputManagers

Thanks, Dan. I copied exactly here, without even white space. Here's
the output:
/Volumes:
total 8
drwxrwxrwt    4 root      admin      136 Jul  6 06:46 .
drwxrwxr-t   29 root      admin     1088 Jul  5 18:02 ..
drwxr-xr-x    8 sollarmi  sollarmi   374 Apr  1  1976 data
lrwxr-xr-x    1 root      admin        1 Jul  5 18:02 os -> /