On 19/7/10 11:19, "James Therrault" <jetas...@netzero.com> wrote:

> I use Apple's Mail and have it set to only send out in "plain text."
>
> To see if you are actually using plain text, just type out a few
> letters in a new mail.  Then select all the text that you have type,
> click on "Fonts," and it should default to Courier.  Try to change
> the text and you'll get an alert to the effect that if you click to
> change font, you will be using RTF, otherwise click to use "plain text."
>
> Plain text, (at least in my very long experience), always is the
> default to non-proportional Courier.  That goes for the publishing
> biz as well.
>
> JT

    Entourage is a little different - there does not seem to be an option to
choose or even see the font for outgoing plain text emails - set in stone I
presume. Font choices are greyed out so I have no idea whether I am sending
Courier or Monaco or whatever. Or just a default character set which is
formatted on receipt.
    Incoming I have the choice to view or print in any of the fonts on my
mac.

>> You don't appear to be using plain text, (at least in my reader).
>>
>> <sigh>
>>
>> JT

    But when you wrote this what did you see in your reader - presumably not
fixed width Courier. Was it full width and a html type font as I saw and if
so was it plain text or html? I can't imagine Kyle sending html to the list.
Bit of a puzzler.....as I think Kyle uses Entourage too....perhaps a
mistake....

Pete